MiNTlib bugs (well, possible bugs)

What you wrote:
> I just figured out my mail wasn't getting out .. it stops part way.
> So, I'm using a different routing.  Incoming is fine.

Well, I saw your first post, which doesn't really say much...  At least
it made it through the US and into Canada (that's a general description of
how stuff gets to my site).

> There is a bug in the MINTLIB I think.  If I use Flopfmt some sort of
> weird register usage error occurs.  Whoever can fix this, please
> Email me!

I've never used Flopfmt (there are tonnes of formatters... though I'd
like a command-line formatter that can do high density floppies!) but that
reminds me of something else that I think is a "bug" in the MiNTlibs...  I
ran into this while working on the "official" port of Info-Zip's new UnZip
(the release version will probably be ready in February).

According to stat.h, S_IFLNK is 0xE000 (well, it's listed as Octal 0160000;
why octal?!?).  According to my local SysVr4 box, S_IFLNK is 0xA000.
According to the symlinks contained in some zip files (including the test
file I was using to test symlinks and weird filenames under minixfs),
a symlink is 0xA000.

Is this a kluge around some GEMDOSfs "feature" or have a found an "oops"
in the MiNTlibs?  This is true as of pl.41 and pl.39.

--
Chris Herborth        \`o.0'                   herborth@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM