another 1.10 job control bug?

>From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
>Bash sets up a pipeline by making the first process the group leader.
>So if you pipe the output of a process into less, for example, this
>process will almost always exit before less. I think there is no
>better solution except adding sessions to MiNT. And bash is supposed to
>be POSIX complient.

Hm, OK, I'll accept it as a tentative solution.

My only problem with it as a permanent solution is that a process
hanging around in the foregroung process group could prevent the
controlling tty from ever being released, causing the
you-only-get-one-login-per-device problem again.  One way this could
happen is if an asynchronous process is spawned from a
non-job-control-aware shell (e.g. one that knows nothing about process
groups).  I guess this isn't a big enough problem to be concerned
about at the moment, unless there are other ways this could happen.

Cheers,
entropy

Personal mail:      entropy@gnu.ai.mit.edu
MiNT library mail:  entropy@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu