Re: Suggestions

What you wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> While we now have a write cache with the minix fs, there is a potential
> danger with it: when someone presses alt-cntrl-del before the update
> daemon has synced the fs, there is hight probability of file damage.
> To prevent this, I thought of a mechanism that is invoked on alt-cntrl-del
> and asks the user if he/she really wants to reboot, send signals to all
> processes first etc. That way this problem would be non existing anymore.

I'd much rather have the update daemon called automagically when I
Ctrl-Alt-Del, and the a slight pause of ~ 1 second for the disk buffers
to clear, and _then_ carry out the reboot.  When I Ctrl-Alt-Del, it's
usually because something horrendous has happened, and you can't guarentee
that terminal I/O will be working nicely...

--
Chris Herborth                    \`o.0'       herborth@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM