Re: scsi drivers

>I think it's a great idea to integrate a scsi driver in MiNT.
>We should however think about the interface that it offers to other
>device drivers and especially to filesystems. Right now the only "real"
>filesystem is minixfs, which has its own buffer cache. I have been
>playing with the idea of adding the Linux ext2fs and msdos-fs to MiNT,
>but it would be very stupid to require every FS to maintain its own
>buffer cache of say, 100-200K.
>
>So, how about real unix-like block-devices, with (optional?) buffering?

That was the sort of thing I was thinking of.

Then, maybe, we could get the BSD4.4 fast filesystem running too. Then all
we need is true drive mounting rather than the current "mount all partitions
TOS knows about on /<letter."

>Oh, and Claus: thank you for offering your great driver to the MiNT
>community!
>
>Bart.
>--
>  /                           Bart Schuller                            \
> /P.B.Schuller@TWI.TUDelft.NL               webmaster@www.twi.tudelft.nl\
> \       Insert your favourite witty saying here, I can't choose!       /

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).