Re: SCSI Driver

 Huhu!

> Hmm.. I think restricting disk block/sector numbers to 32 bit would be a
> grave mistake. There are already 9GB disk boxes out there, 4GB is becoming
> commonplace using multi-disk virtual drive technology. OK, they are
> currently quite expensive, ie about #1500 stirling for 4GB, but the price is
> falling VERY quickly.

 I think there's something going wrong here: An unsigned 32 bit number can
hold values up to 4gig, but using it as a pointer to 512 byte sectors would
result in 2048gig being adressable. Only limit would be that one single file
couldn't be bigger than 4gig. Is that really a problem?

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...