Boot-strap Code

No one has mentioned a slight FEATURE with a SCSI.XDD device instead of
AHDI or ICD drivers.  If we use a real SCSI driver (and people are already
talking of getting rid of drive letters completely and such) then how will
MiNT boot?

I hate FAT drives, and the only reason I still keep a FAT drive (instead of
a really small Minix partition will all the compatibility stuff on) is so
that MiNT can boot from it (and PC-DITTO, but I'll fix that).  It would seem
that we will need some sort of bootstrap code to load MiNT!

OK, no drive letters, no TOS drivers, no BIOS, all GEMDOS code replaced by
MiNT, boot strap OS, GEM (MULTITOS) disk-loaded.   What will TOS be used
for other than XBIOS?   Seems like alot of ROM to waste.  I bet MiNT will
fit in a ROM with the SCSI driver and the console driver (bare minial stuff)
along with the XBIOS.   Say .. 256K ROM?    Is this what TOS 5.0 will be?