Re: Deleting owned files...

Michael Smith <miff@apanix.apana.org.au> writes:

|> sed (built 2.03, doesn't appear to work properly - may need more stack)

Yes, the GNU regex package needs atleast 20k of stack.

|> To anyone attempting to run an FSF configure script :

|> If it hangs at the eleventh hour (literally, the taylor script
|> takes about an hour running with Bash in fastram on a 4/4 TT)
|> while creating config.status, the offending line looks like this :

|> # on host `(hostname || uname -n) 2>/dev/null |sed 1q `:

This is strange.  I never had problems executing this line with my
version of bash, but then it have both hostname and uname lying around
(hostname is just uname -n).  But even when hostname is missing it
still doesn't hang.  Btw, on my machine (2/16 TT), configure only
takes about 20 minutes, IIRC.

|> If you want to play with Taylor before I'm done, there is very little to
|> do after configure has run :

|> in the lib, uuconf and unix directories, replace   "ar rc"  with "ar rs"
|> (I don't have any manual pages for ar, but with the former arguments,
|> ld won't find anything in the libraries.

This is because 's' tells ar to construct a symbol table (__.SYMDEF),
which ld needs to quickly find the symbols defined in the archive.
It's probably a bug that ld doesn't work with archives that lack a
symbol table.

|> in the unix/ directory, edit the file isfork.c and include in it the
|> fragment of serial.c that defines EAGAIN (I take it MiNT never
|> returns EAGAIN?) or do it by hand if you're not interested in
|> portability 8)

I think EAGAIN can be defined to be ENOMEM, which is the best
approximation (Hey, i haven't enough memory to execute you, try again
later!).

Andreas.

Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@ls5.informatik.uni-dortmund.de                completely different"
* Linux/Atari is coming soon, stay tuned * But don't hold your breath... *