Sharable binaries using math libs?

Is it possible for someone (ie, not me :-) to make the Portable Math Library
(pml.olb and pml16.olb) sharable?

As it stands right now, I can make a non-sharable NetPBM suite that wastes
memory (especially on large pipelines) and doesn't waste disk space (using
funky link tricks so there's really only one executable with a dozen or
so names) or a version that isn't so harsh on memory, but wastes loads of
disk space (each program is standalone; this is what I uploaded to
atari.archive and ftp.std.com last week).

Ideally, I'd like to make NetPBM sharable, but I can't, since it needs
the math library for some functions.

This would also be handy for nasty things like POV-Ray that take a long
time to do a job (especially on an ST!), but often aren't that nasty to
memory... start a couple, and go on with your real work, or playing
NetHack or whatever.

Sorry for the rambling; I haven't slept in weeks!

--
Chris Herborth                    \`o.0'       herborth@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM