Re: Just a couple of things.

another late answer... :)

Claus Brod writes:

> > Well, at least with source code to the CBHD driver, we would be able
> > to make such a driver. Making the driver respond to interrupts instead
> > of polling can't be that big a problem. At least not when all the
> > scsi setup code can be ripped off this driver. How much work it will
> > be to setup the queues of processes wanting to do IO under MiNT
> > I won't comment on.
>
> It's certainly not trivial to get all debugged, but it's not the
> biggest issue. We need kernel reentrancy first, that's the main
> problem.

 hmm, sure?  if we just want IO to halt only processes which are in a
disk IO systemcall (as opposed to `halt _every_ process' like its now...)
then we don't need real multithreaded filesystems yet, and i don't think
the kernel needs much more reentrancy than now like when a process
sleeps for tty IO.  and the SCSI interrupt handler could just reset
its in-service bit and ipl and then addroottimeout()?

 cheers
	Juergen, only thinking...
--
J"urgen Lock / nox@jelal.north.de / UUCP: ..!uunet!unido!uniol!jelal!nox