Re: So many cookies

> I was looking at mint.doc recently -- the one that came with MiNT v0.96,
> though, but it should still apply -- and it says that programs should
> detect the presence of MiNT by looking in the cookie jar.  It also says
> that an alternative method would be to make a Syield() (?) call, and
> see if it returns an error, but that this was not recommended because
> a non-MiNT system may use that function code for something else.

I would say that this is out-dated (from the time when MiNT wasn't the
official Atari OS). Nowadays you should *really* do the call and then check
for EINVFN as return value. This way programs will work with compatible
operating systems, too.
Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
 eMail: reschke@math.uni-muenster.de jr@ms.maus.de