TOSWIn again.

Well, I have messed about with TOSWIN alot trying to find the leak.
I even tried using GDB (and found that I couldn't get any symbol table
information out of it, althoughit should have worked, and it looked like
it worked, but it kept saying something about the symbol size being out
of range or something like that - anyone use GDB??)

Anyway, best I can tell you is that every window that opens uses an EXACT
amount of memory every time a new window opens.  Every time TOSWIN opens
a new window 29216 bytes are lost to the system.  MiNT eats it.  I couldn't
find any blocks of that size allocated in the system.  Since I don't use
RUNTOS, but my own program that searches PATH and such, running a program
in a window is just as easy as running it from a shell (so instead of
"vi myfile.c" , I type "ts vi myfile.c" and get a new window, with all the
current directories staying teh same, and ts finds vi and passes args).
Anyway, because of this, its more convienient to always keep the shell free
to run something else, so I'm always running a new window for every
program I run - even archivers, less, or whatever.  Its rare that I use
the shell directly unless its something that just runs once, like PS.
So, since I continuously open and close windows on my system, the system
will just throw away memory at an alarming rate.  10 windows is easy to
go through in an hour or less, and there is 292K of memory gone.  In
a few hours I gotta reboot because 4MB won't stretch far enough when
MiNT eats over 2MB.   I noticed that TOSWIN says nalloc out of memory
(in debugger) when it opens a window, and so I have a feeling that it
could be related to nalloc().  But .. why 29216 bytes???   Does that
sound like any sort of blocksize to anyone?   It doesn't ring a bell
here .. I'm baffled!

Oh .. fasttext is still screwed.  My cursor is gone.  I can't get it
to stay on.  It goes away when I press a key.   Any fix?

It doesn't come back 'til I press RETURN

And then only sometimes (yes the crazy spacing is try and make my cursor
come back .. so I make lots of blank lines!!)

Also, tfork'd processes seem to be a bit unstable.  My terminal didn't
cause any problems before, and now if I run BASH from it, and then type
EXIT, the whole system locks up.  I used to get my terminal back!
And TOSWIN can't change the window size of the window my terminal
runs in.  If I try, the whole system locks up.  It didn't do this
before (not sure exactly which patches/versions this started on, but 1.09
was just fine with the terminal).

Oh ... bug in defrag for minix!!!!   It does NOT recognize the new
symbolic link format and leaves the links pointing to nothing, so the
file system treats them as the "." directory.  Using "rm" to remove the
link and then making a new one works, but dragging it away with GEM just
causes MiNT to nest into folders until it gives an error.  The link just
nests into itself.   It was a pain setting all the symbolic links over
again, but it works.   FSCK would not fix this!!  I wish it would have!

Sometimes killing FSCK (I run it from MiNT.CNF before GEM runs) will stop
GEM from working.  GEM crashes shortly after an exception 10, which is
GEM using the LineA to turn off the mouse (or on or something else really
stupid with LineA).  If I let fsck run, GEM works, if I kill fsck early,
then GEM crashes.   Can someone tell me what these have to do with each
other???

MiNT's LineA handling is still pretty poor it seems.  LineA graphics have
never worked right under MiNT for some reason.