Re: Virtual memory and MiNT

On Thu, 23 Jun 1994, Pereira Martins wrote:

> Yes, of course. But I'm not the one to do this, because I don't know
> how virtual memory driver works :-(
> Sorry.

Well, I'm looking in to it right now, and we'll see how it comes out...

My way of doing it is to let the kernel allocate say, 3MB of buffer, then
map the first 3 megabytes of TT-ram into this buffer. Then, the bus-error
handler has to handle the swapping of the other memory.

Now, I wonder if anybody can expain to me the existance of the MMAP swap
in mem.c. The way I do it the alt memory map is actually the swap memory
map. Is there another good way of doing this?

--
Elias M}rtenson                   !  No joke here.
elias@proxxi.uf.se                !  Sorry for the inconvenience.