Rsconf problems under MiNT 1.10h6

>Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 00:18 BST-1
>From: rgivan@cix.compulink.co.uk (Roland Givan)
>
>Thanks to everybody who pointed me in the right direction for h6 patches.
>I have now successfully built a h6 MTOS kernel.
>
>All seems to work fine except Rsconf().
>
>I first noticed this when MODEM.CPX displayed rubbish instead of the baud
>rate. Removing all ACCs and AUTO programs didn't help, So I tried the
>following:
>
>#include <stdio.h>
>#include <osbind.h>
>
>main()
>{
> printf("speed = %d\n",Rsconf(-2,0,0,0,0,0));
> getchar();
>}
>
>This was compiled under GCC 2.33 MiNT Libs PL44 (as was the kernel).
>
>Under h6 'speed' was random (large) numbers. Under h3 and TOS 2.06 'speed'
>was correct.
>
>I also tried MODEM.CPX under h6 on a TOS 1.4 machine as well. It had
>problems too.
>
>Any ideas anybody?

First of all, testing this without any auto folder programs is
definitely a good idea...i know of at least one TOS patch that breaks
Rsconf(-2, ...).

Also, i'm not sure if it matters, but you probably want to use -1
instead of 0 for all the other parameters, as -1 means "do not
change".  The -2 for bps-rate inquire may cause Rsconf() to ignore
the rest of the args anyway, but  I'm not sure in which order the
parameters are checked.

Next, make sure that both your MiNT kernel and the program calling
Rsconf() have been compiled with the latest MiNT headers (The library
version isn't so important here, but the osbind.h you compile with
should be a recent one, as old ones had a bad Rsconf() binding.)

If none of that helps, let me know what TOS version you're
running...the MiNT Rsconf() code is very version-dependent.  I tested
Rsconf(-2, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1) on a TT with the latest TT TOS and an
h6 kernel, and it gave perfectly reasonable results.

-entropy

Personal mail:      entropy@gnu.ai.mit.edu
MiNT library mail:  entropy@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu
"what do you have against octal?" -jrb