Re: Falcon RS232 ports

Stefan Haake wrote:

> I had much better results usingthe Modem2 port and FastXSer. Unfortunately
> not all programs can use it, so I turned back to Modem1 and HSModem, for
> only this supports the higher speeds of my RSVE.

FastXSer is the same as FastSer plus the XSDD-support. Every program
using an SCC based serial port will use those routines, but only some
of them support XSDD. The only two applications I know supporting XSDD
are CoNnect and GSZRZ.

> I don't know, whether FastXSer supports the Falcon, but you could try.

FastSer (and FastXSer) support the FALCON. (They were adapted on mine.)
But the author is very busy, I think 0.96beta will be the last
version.

Back to MiNT: Just using MiNT-1.10h7 with CoNnect on my TT on modem1
without any serial patch in the auto-folder. Downloading and uploading
via 19200 nullmodem without any handshake works just fine. ;)

Perhaps I'll try HSMODEM (before MiNT) these days. Do you all use
HSMODEM1 or HSMODA for the MFP based ports? Hmm, anyone knows where
to get a copy of CoNnect 2.20?

Hmpf. CoNnect just crashed, after trying to cut a text with the mouse.
This problem appears with all MiNT versions since MiNT 1.09. Anyone
else has this problem?

So I had time to boot with HSMODA04 before MiNT in the AUTO folder.
CoNnect 2.46 complains about a too old HSMODEM version, but the
serial-port dialog says "RSVF supported". File transfers in both
directions work just fine.

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |      UUCP/ZModem: + 49 89 5469593       | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!