Re: Problems with rc files and Mintos

Hello,

> Problem is that I get the following message when the script tries to do the
> "if [ -f /usr/etc/somedaemond ]" command:
>
> [no file or directory (or PID)

Apparently, you don't have the `[' program! No, it's not a joke :-)
This should be a symbolic/hard link to `test'. This utility is
part of the GNU shellutils package. (There exists at least one other
version of `test' for MiNT, but it's incomplete; get the GNU one instead,
I remember it compiled without problems). After that,

	cd /usr/bin; ln -s test '['

In the meantime, you can simply get rid of the tests in your rc.* files,
and spawn your daemons unconditionally (it will also be faster, since
you won't have to spawn `test' a zillion of times).

Thierry.