Re: Pexec mode 4 and 104

  What about GEM?  Can a child executed through Pexec 4 or 104 use its
  parent's application id and make AES calls as if it was the parent since
  it shares all its memory?  Or woudl the child have to open a new appl_id
  with appl_init()?  This would be inconvienient for my purposes since I
  would also need an evnt_multi() loop and I wanted to block waiting on
  Pmsg() calls, not evnt_multi() - I'd have to poll for one or the other :-(

I can answer this from direct experience; the child needs to appl_init itself.
I ran into this while tforking a process in some other code; I had to rewrite
my AES bindings to accept a pointer to a control block so I could use the
same routines with two different contexts...
  -- Howard