Re: screen 3.5.2

Richard Huveneers wrote:

> I thought preformatted manpages are preferred above non-preformatted ones.
> I could be wrong here.

Sure, it's really hard to get a working manual environment with MiNT. But
once it works, you prefer unformatted manualpages. I think it's the
same with the binaries: If you have the sourcecode, you're happy. ;)

> I also got the screenlocking feature of screen to work.
> As soon as a.a.u.e. works again I'll put a new release on it.

That's great! If you have time, ftp.uni-muenster.de would be a good
place, too.

> > BTW: Is it possible to #ifdef your hacks for the non-detachable
> > screen?
>
> I'm almost sure you don't want a detachable screen.

I use screen on my sun everytime I log in and I use the detach feature
very often. I like it and I just want to see if it's possible on my
TT, too.

> The primary use of detaching is logging out without killing your foreground
> processes, and most of us just turn off their Atari after logging out.

You are also able to 'move' screen sessions from one terminal to
another, by detaching it and attaching it elsewhere. Some of us don't
care about RAM, so a compile time switch would be a nice solution (if
possible at all).

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |      UUCP/ZModem: + 49 89 5469593       | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!