Re: modm0dev and stty/mintnet

Ulrich Kuehn wrote:

> While experimenting with SLIP via MiNT-Net and modm0dev, I discovered
> a serious problem: modm0dev does not implement several IOCTLs, so
> one cannot set raw mode with stty or slattach. When switching back
> to the build-in /dev/modem1, everything went fine. So if you want
> to use SLIP, dont run modm0dev version 1.0. I am working on an
> improved version, with also uses the xdd interface.

This is news to me. I have successfully used less, micro-emacs, and
other programs requiring raw mode over modm0dev. Remember that under MiNT,
missing ioctl's for ttys will be automatically provided by the
tty_ioctl() routine -- look at the f_cntl() function in dosfile.c.

PS: Which stty program did you use? Or was it the system call, and in
this case, what was in errno?

Thierry.