Re: MiNTos 1.4.1 vs gcc 2.5.8

Chris Herborth wrote:

> I've just noticed a strange effect with gcc 2.5.8 (from
> Gnustuff/Tos/Gcc/whatever on atari.archive.umich.edu)...  I've got
> GCCEXEC=/gnu/bin/gcc- and GNUEXEC=/gnu/bin/gcc- (followed by export
> commands) in /etc/profile.
>
> If I log on as root, gcc properly executes gcc-cpp, gcc-cc1, etc.
>
> If I log on as chris, gcc tries to execute cpp, and fails.
>
> In both cases, echo $GNUEXEC $GCCEXEC prints the right value.  If I go
> export GNUEXEC=/gnu/bin/gcc- ; export GCCEXEC=/gnu/bin/gcc- when logged
> on as chris, it still doesn't work.  The environment is set properly,
> but for some reason, gcc just doesn't get it unless I'm logged in as
> root.
>
> I'm using bash 1.14.1 from ftp.germany.eu.net as my shell, MiNT 1.11h2
> with a few patches that're in h3, and MiNTos 1.4.1.  Any clues?

Are all the permissions on the directories set right? If you are root,
you may do everything with files, regardless of whether you have the
permission or not.
The permissions on /gnu, /gnu/bin and the executables should look like
r-xr-xr-x ...

Stephan

--
|      Stephan Haslbeck	       |    Fachschaft Informatik    |