Re: .XDD for extra MIDI ports

Thanks to the people who pointed out that "most" MIDI software
rewrites the I/O routines. I was actually referring more to the
public domain editors and librarians, which are more likely to use
the BIOS routines. I'm not worried about more commercial products,
because I already own Logic as my sequencer, and if I could afford a
commercial editor/librarian, I'd buy Emagics own!

The other point about having .XDDs for extra MIDI ports was that once
the drivers are written and available, people will be able to support
them in _future_ programs. Whilst it would be nice to be able to
redirect every program ever written, I accept that this is not going
to happen. What I would like, though, is to be able to support the
extra ports on my own programs.

Thanks again, and if anyone feels up to the challenge, you know where
I am!

Xav <mbge4mdc@fs1.ee.man.ac.uk>