Re: Slip Slidin' Away: Take 2.5

> I exited back to my local system and gave the following command:
> 	slattach -t /dev/ttya -r 47.31.140.1 -l 47.31.132.2 -p ppp &

Well, this really can't work. To establish a PPP connection you need
ppp-212.tgz. This contains pppd, the program which negotiates line
characteristics and other options with the remote end.

The '-p ppp' option to slattach was really only meant as a hack to get
a PPP interface going, but then additional hand-crafting is needed to
set up the right options...

Kay.
--
Kay Roemer              roemer@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de