Re: No local name lookup

> Now, if I don't include gateway1 (203.4.148.1) as a nameserver, I don't
> get any name lookup. But 'localhost' is never resolved, nor is lo0 or
> loghost. No name lookup takes place on my local box at all (except that I
> _can_ refer to the names when I'm doing ifconfig, route or slattach).

If the tools from net-xxx work ok, then your trouble is caused by older
binaries linked with socket libraries before 0.56.

As of 0.56 the socket library contains new resolver code (an adopted
version of resolv+). You can check whether a binary is linked with the
appropriate library by running

strings <binary> | grep Version

or if your ident recognizes `$Version:'

ident <binary>

This should look like:

98 dares >strings net-070/tool/slattach | grep Version
$Version: SocketLib: 0.56 $

All other binaries have to be relinked.

Kay.
--