Re: UNIXMODE Environment ?

On Wed, 22 Feb 1995, Joris Welkenhuysen wrote:

> My proposal : specify the name of a little program in mint.cnf, using the
> standard filename conventions, that is called whenever a #! is found at
> the beginning of an executable. It is up to this program to find the correct
> interpreter, and to start it with the executable as argument.

That's what I already suggested: Specify such a program in mint.cnf like
some little shell that has the filename translation and let it run over
all files with #! at the beginning!

Ciao,
Stephan

|      Stephan Haslbeck	       |    Fachschaft Informatik    |
|       Agricolastr. 61	       |   Technische Universitaet   |
|      D-80686 Muenchen	       |      Muenchen, Bayern	     |
|          Es gibt keine Probleme, nur Loesungen.	     |