Re: Re2 : Virtual Memory

Eddy Morfan wrote:

> > - use MiNT's command line switches and configure thru argv[]
>
> I don't like it as a run my kernel from the auto folder.

You could run MiNT indirectly through some other program like
`run_mint' which supports passing of command line arguments.

> Intersting suggestions, maybe could I read the mint.cnf twice, once for my
> memory configs, and after the mint memory and filesys inits for the other
> configs.

This is ugly, but it should work.

> I think that NVDI don't invalidate the Blitter, as it's aimed to be
> a VDI replacement, it replaces most of the VDI functions (at least
> the bit blitting) and so it is able to use no Blitter routine if it
> wants, but Outside can do it.

parse error... Outside can do what?  Disable the blitter?  In this
case, try asking Uwe Seimet <Uwe_Seimet@ka.maus.de> directly how this
can be done.

> I know that it's MiNT's job to load apps, but I just described what
> I saw : ( TT-RAM run and allocate prog flags ignored under the
> desktop). I'll check this once again, but if I didn't make any
> mistake, the only explanation may be found by looking the way the
> AES/Desktop launches an app.

Perhaps MultiTOS' shel_write() implementation does some funny Pexec()
magic which results in the behaviour you noticed?

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de
WWW:   http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mh1/