Re: W1r2 binaries

> >A small and IMHO nice TSR screensaver that runs also without GEM and can
> >be terminated by sending the process a signal. On funet or aaue (name was
> I'll have to look for it - does it work when you are on a vconsole? or
> just on a GEM screen?

On vconsole it just inverts the screen (understandably).

> No, actually change screens.  You could have a program write to two
> different screens at once, much like a dual monitor set-up, and you

The Proper Way to do that would have two programs that communicate
with eg. FIFOs.

> could change manually or let the program change screens - maybe there
> is a command prompt for the program on one screen and an online screen

I'd rather decide myself when I change the screen. Imagine being
writing something one an editor and suddenly screen (and inputting
terminal) changes... Uuurgh.

> on the other.  Or maybe you can have a screen saver run under GEM and

GEM?

> just program it to change to ttyv0/console before blanking the screen
> and/or doing any fancy effects.

A vconsole specific (simnple) screen saver should reside inside
vconsole...

	- Eero