Re: MINICOM

> I got the minicom binary, and its stil messed up.  It flashes between
> online and offline when I type, so its not monitoring DCD, but something
> else is happening (it says online when I type), and then saays offline
> when I'm not typing.  BAD BAD BAD!

Yep, I know of this problem, but it doesn't happen all the time and
I haven't yet figured out exactly when it happens and when it doesn't.
But I think that this problem doesn't exist when you run minicom with
the -l option (and have a font with PC graphic characters...)

I'll look at the source and see what I can find...

> Also, it gets a signal 11 - SIGSEGV, VERY VERY OFTEN! It isn't usable
> since its sends drops DTR and exits with a SIGSEGV when I'm typing
> a message.  Then again, I haven't tried it with a modem, just with
> a connection to my minicomputer - but its still bad.

I haven't noticed this problem at all, exept when running rz/sz (don't
remember which)... it gets a signal 10 when rz/sz is finished and exits..

Does it just get the signal without you doing anything special, or is
it when you do some specific things?

> Any ideas, fixes?   I don't wanna delve into the source any try
> and fix this myself.  But it does work fine with SCO and Linux.

If i get the time I'll look at it... (but you'll have to be the
beta tester as i don't have the problem myself :) )

/simon