Re: LAN port

>Here we are again...I remember that I have to use Bconin and Bconout to
>talk to the MIDI port (3), the serial1 (1)...Which is the device number for
>the other ports?

No, you should avoid BIOS like the plague, especially under MiNT.  There
are BIOS device numbers for serial2, but I forget what they are (if you
want 'em, lemme know and I can look them up - I'm at work now - sshhhh!!).
You can also use the aux: device, which is device 1.  Device 1 and serial1
are NOT the same.  Modem1 (which is device 5 or 6 or something) is normally
mapped to AUX, device 1.

You see, when you use device 1, you are using whatever serial port is
the default,normally modem1, or whatever port the user has selected
in the control panel (port selection is done with Bconmap).

>By the way: my main objective is to learn to talk Apple LocalTalk (heresy!)
>in and out of the LAN port, maybe to build a print server, is there any
>source code around? You could even use this protocol to build an Atari
>LAN...

A couple comments.  1 - AppleTalk, from what I heard, won't actually
run connections between the TT LAN port and an Appletalk port because
the bps rates of the ports are non-standard or something.  I heard they
were at similar but slightly different speeds - just enough to screw
up any chance of networking.  2 - Instead of the BIOS, use GEMDOS/MiNT
calls.   Open the /dev/serial2 as a file.  You will likely have to
set a few Fcntl() flags to get non-line-oriented data.  3 - You should
be able to use MiNTNET on /dev/serial2 and get an Apple-Talk speed
TCP-IP network with other TT's - either on serial2 or the LAN.  You'd
only want to use the LAN port over the regular port if you wanted to
run the cable for long distances - as the LAN port is RS422 (I think),
while the others are standard RS232.