Missing X headers?

Okay, I'm confused.  I just tried to port an X app (in particular, the
Xaw version of Angband 2.7.9v3), and got errors complaining of missing
header files.  I checked, and sure enough, /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h
#include's, in rapid succession, <X11/X.h>, <X11/Xfuncproto.h> and
<X11/Xosdefs.h>, precisely zero of which are in the MiNT-X library
distribution.  In particular, Xosdefs.h sounds like it's something that
I couldn't just crib off the local Unix box, but would need to be tuned
specifically for MiNT-X, which is likely beyond my ken.

On the other hand, a.a.u.e carries a number of MiNT-X apps, presumably
built with the selfsame library distribution, so apparently it's
possible to use the distribution as is.  So what's the crucial bit that
I'm missing?

						-sbigham