Re: MiNT on MotorolaVME-card

Daniel Eriksson wrote:

> A couple of months ago I remember someone (Steve W?) reporting that
> he had managed to write a minimal TOS-emulator for a Motorola VME-card
> and succeeded in running MiNT on top of it.

Yup, although "a couple of months" actually means about 8.

> Is the source available on the net?

Yes:
     ftp.eskimo.com:/u/b/bug

Two files, one is VTOS, one contains diffs to patch MiNT.

> Who did it?

Yours truly.

> Could the TOS-emulator easily be ported to other HW? I ask because a
> friend of mine has just built a nice little card based around the
> 68360 (020-core plus lots of IO-capabilities) and I'd love to be able
> to provide a nice OS for it.

Maybe, the source is there for the changing.

I have to add that I'm not supporting, or even using VTOS/VMiNT now
since I've been running NetBSD/mvme68k for a few months. In fact, my
Atari ST has been relegated to use as a terminal for the VME kit!

Cheers, Steve