Re: Mint X11 question...

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Mats Loman wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Yves Pelletier wrote:
>
> > Hmm... sorry to be replying to my own message, but I have gotten
> > another error message which seems more explicit:
> >
> > "failed to set default font path
> > '/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo,<etc...>'"
> >
> > Obviously, I still don't know how to get around the problem.
> >
> Again check for CR-LF problem in the config files..

Mats, I really thought this would work... but it didn't. :-(

I have stripped all config files, in $HOME and in
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/*,  of whatever <cr> characters they might
have contained, but still no luck.

Someone else suggested that my UNIXMODE variable might be
improperly set, but my setting matches the installation docs for
X11.

I checked my mint.cnf file; all seems ok there, too. The
symbolic links are ok. The root drive is U:.  The setup is
consistent with the X11 installation instructions.

One other thing I have tried, is to launch X from the command
line, on the graphics console.  The -fp switch allows the font
path to be specified manually.  Again, no dice. Same error
message as above. Oh, and I tried with colon separators, instead
of commas, as well.

If I specify the default font with the -fn switch, then I get
the error: 'could not open default font /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/5x7.bdf'

Any more suggestions, anyone?

Yves