Re: CAB and MiNTnet thoughts

>I have seen other browser implementations that spawn multiple transfers in
>parallel, but I don't see that being particularly useful when your network
>link is a single serial line.

What you say is true if one connexion take all the bandwith.. but imagine you try to get somes files from a site that you cannot reach at more than 500 bytes/s..

>It will only cause an overall slowdown, since
>having interleaved data from multiple connections arriving at once will
>defeat TCP header compression & other optimizations.

No.. because the compression has more than one 'bucket'..

Stéphane

--
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." Dan Quayle