mc4.0 comments

  Hi,

I've realized that many of you had problems running Midnight Commander. I
run mc on stv52 of vconsoles under KGMD setup. It works also under wt100
TOS window.

I *guess* that mc might want terminfo instead of termcap - I can't think
of any other reason why it works here (I've got terminfo installed) but
doesn't on your systems.  I'll try to put files needed for terminfo on my
WWW pages as well as recompile mc to use termcap (no promises though - I
am too busy now).

Also, I've got 20 MB of RAM so I don't know if it can work with only 4 MB
RAM - the binary is quite long itself (1.7 MB), so it might be just too
memory hungry.

Wait a moment.... OK, I just started mc and found out that it took exactly
762 kB of RAM - so it should work even on 1 MB ST ;-)

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm          PARCP development
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz