Re: mc4.0 comments

On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> I've realized that many of you had problems running Midnight Commander. I
> run mc on stv52 of vconsoles under KGMD setup. It works also under wt100
> TOS window.
>
> I *guess* that mc might want terminfo instead of termcap - I can't think
> of any other reason why it works here (I've got terminfo installed) but
> doesn't on your systems.

Anders told me that exporting TERMCAP=/etc/termcap was enough to get mc
running on his machine. So please try the following command:

export TERMCAP=/etc/termcap; mc

BTW, this works with bash and ksh - I don't know tcsh.

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm          PARCP development
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz