Re: Networking

At 14:09 26/08/97 +0100, Petr Stehlik wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Mike lamb wrote:
>
>> On a bit of a different note, has anybody attempted TCP/IP networking with a
>> win95 box?
>
>Yep, I use pppd @ 115200 bps.

Great! Although I'd probably have to do it at 19200 as the diy 38400 doesn't
seem to work :(

>> hinges on the guess that the direct cable connection in win95 will accept a
>> SLIP connection. Does anyone know if this is true? I think I've got the
>
>I think W95 use PPP. BTW, I don't use the direct cable connection, but
>commercial solution from Reflection. But recently I got a little .INF
>file which should simulate a modem so you could use the Dial Up
>Networking option with direct cable. You simply don't enter a telephone
>number in that DUN dialog and it works :-)

Excellent! Any chance you could email it to me?

Also, what facilities are available once you are networked? Is there an nfs
daemon for win95. I've seen that pretty much all the functionality you could
hope for on the Atari is provided by ports of bsd or linux stuff.

Do you know of any utility which would allow printer output to be redirected
from my st to a remote win95 machine? It sounds a long shot, but in theory
it shouldn't be too hard to do. If all else fails, I'll redirect printer
output to a file (using nfs) and write a little program on the pc to print
whatever appears in that file...