Re: Minix FS has limited number of directories?

Mario Becroft <mb@tos.pl.net> writes:

|> Is this an inherent limitation of the Minix filesystem, is it a bug, or is
|> it something else? How can I avoid it?

The minix filesystem has a limit of 127 links per inode, and 125
directories (plus two links for "." and "..") just crossed that.  There is
nothing to avoid that short of moving to a different filesystem.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"