Re: GlueSTiK

 >  On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
 >
 >  > However, if you read STiK docs, Client IP is whatever (fixed
 >  > or dynamic) IP one uses for the session.
 >
 >Of course, the whole notion of local IP address is somewhat archaic.

Perhaps so. But whenever, DCC connections in IRC and
authentification protocols require seeing my current
IP to initiate a connection.  STiK stores this under
this "Client_IP" variable in the CIB stack, which is
where STiK clients fetch my user (dynamic) IP.

Perhaps looking at the MiNT port of IRCii could tell
us where it finds its Client IP, which could be used
as a basis to code a sub-routine that copies this IP
to STiK's CIB whenever a STiK client requests it.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem
  <HTML><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></HTML>