Re: GlueSTiK

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Perhaps looking at the MiNT port of IRCii could tell
> us where it finds its Client IP, which could be used
> as a basis to code a sub-routine that copies this IP
> to STiK's CIB whenever a STiK client requests it.

I thought of that last night, actually.  And having done so, I'm beginning
to believe that it's actually the STiK IRC apps that are getting this
wrong.  AFAICT from the sources I found at [1], the Unix IRC program gets
its local IP address by calling getsockname(), not on the newly created
(and not yet connected) listen socket for DCC, but on its connection to the
main IRC server.  The equivalent GlueSTiK call would be CNgetinfo(), but
the principle is the same; this is where we get the context Howard was
talking about.

						-sbigham

[1] <URL:ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/networking/irc/clients/unix/ircII>