MiNTlib and gcc 2.7.2

Someone posted a query on the library file names in the MiNTlib
distribution, versus the library names expected by gcc 2.7.2.
(Apologies to the original poster, I lost the original message.)

Having just installed 2.7.2 myself, I found that I could simply
rename gnu.olb to c.olb, and gnu16.olb to c16.olb, and
everything seems to work fine.

I do have a question of my own:  the "specs" file of 2.7.2
specifies that option "-H" is passed to the linker in the case
of an -mshort compilation.  My current linker (PL36, I believe)
does not support "-H".  What is that for?  Should I just edit it
out of the "specs" file,  or should I try to find a more recent
linker (where?).

Yves
__
Please, remove thine lips from the tit of corporate,
market driven faux technology.         --Nesta Stubbs