Re: NcFTP 2.4.2

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Katherine L Ellis wrote:

> hmm Jo, cool, but few days ago (~10), NCFTP 2.4.2 has been compiled
> sucessfully as well, and should be as the matter of fact on ftp
> berlin(don't remember which one, fu or tu).

I actually discovered this today... Anyway, it took me only 10 minutes to
port NcFTP so I didn't waste too much time ;-) (It was just a matter of
including one line in a header-file) The problem was to compile ncurses
4.1 properly, I had a bad gcc-setup so I had to tinker with it for a few
hours.

Btw. the other NcFTP 2.4.2 is compiled with ncurses 1.9-something, while
mine is compiled with 4.1. I couldn't notice any difference though, except
that mine (I.e. the 4.1-port) had a slightly smaller binary. No difference
in speed or practical use.

> have another port in view? might ask here if that would interest some
> ppl and/or if a port wasn't done already ;)

I'm still working on ssh, but I'm quite new to this porting-stuff and ssh
is rather complex so it might take some time. I'm considering porting the
Amiga-version instead, it's a lot more compact so it might be easier. If
somebody with more experience wants to give it a try, please do so as I
really want ssh :-)

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/