Re: about toswin II

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > hi, pliz could anyone tell me what's so great about this new toswin
> > II?

It's faster, has better terminal-emulation, works great with colours...

> > The font selector is not responding, no Xfsl cookie? I thought I had
> > that.

So you have xufsl or similar installed? This works fine here.

> > The window doesn't have iconify, The cursor moves leave traces on the
> > screen.

Weird... It sure has iconify here, and I have no redraw-problems
whatsoever.

> > The option to set the term type is somewhat a little weird, (have to
> > set it before, but it will change back after all by itself).

?? How? Just select tw100 or tw52 in the config-dialog, that's what I do
here.

> > The runtos > toswin somewhat shows an error.

runtos?? You're not supposed to use runtos at all... Try downloading the
archive again (in case it's faulty) and unpack/install it independently of
any old toswin-installs. Be sure to edit MINT.CNF and N_AES.CNF according
to the instructions.

> > Well, what's good in it? everyone is saying it is the best, ok, but
> > where? I also want to appreciate the qualities of it.

It's the best :-) It doesn't work as an accessory anymore, but since it's
designed (and indeed *require*) N.AES or AES 4.1 this makes sense.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/