Re: TosWin2 problems (colours wrong, and other troubles)

> > There is a problem with the resolution, but it's not only pico that
> > suffers from it. I had problems with several applications when I tried
> > resolutions that didn't have a x-resolution that was divisible by 8.
> > E.g. 104 and 112 works fine, 108 doesn't. This could be a problem with
> > either the libraries these apps are linked with (curses, ncurses
> > perhaps) or most likely the stv-code itself.

pico is not linked with curses, IIRC.

> I noticed that pico got problems with 80-line display.
> Setting it down to 79 lines with stty makes it run fine though.

:-O

> vi works fine in 80 lines however so I don't think it's a vconsole or
> termcap problem.

vi is a completely different editor ;-) (and uses termcap properly, so it
works well).

> The same problems goes for pine which I guess is based on the pico
editor,
> or vice versa.

Yep, I have serious problems with pine/pico on stv52 (the upper lines
scroll out, it's unusable). Though I will have to try to change my X
resolution as Jo suggested...

Petr