TosWin2 problems (colours wrong, and other troubles)

Hello,

I just obtained the patched TosWin2 from ftp.zlin.vutbr.cz, and now I
don't have that problem of TosWin complaining about the ID begin wrong
each time I start it up.

However, I still notice that the colours under VT100 are wrong. When I run
ncurses, and use the c option for the colour test, the colours come out
like this:

meant to be:       comes out as:
red                blue
green              green
yellow             cyan
blue               red
magenta            magenta
cyan               yellow

As you can see, red & blue are swapped, as are yellow & cyan.

In addition, black text on black background comes out as white text on
white background, but black text or black background do show up properly
as black when in combination with other colours.

What is wrong? How can I fix this problem? Do I need to edit the termcap
entry to fix the colours, and if so, what exactly must be changed?

Also, I notice that, like with Miniwin (which I normally use), when
editing text in Pico, when you enter characters at the beginning of a
line, the rest of the line should move along (insert mode) but instead the
rest of the line does not move along (overwrite mode). But really, the
line has moved along because if you use Control-L to update the display
the line can be seen to have moved along. This happens with VT52 and VT100
emulation. This problem also happened in Miniwin. Where is this problem,
and can I fix it? (Note the problem must not be in Pico since it works
fine on the virtual consoles, stv52.)

I notice also in TosWin2, that the screen display is much slower than in
Miniwin. On my TT, with VT100 emulation in TosWin2, the screen takes about
one second to redraw when I have a full 80x25 screen of text. (That's
using Control-L to redraw the screen, and the one second time includes the
time taken to erase the screen and draw it up again.) In Miniwin it was
much faster. Is there some way I can speed this up?

And lastly, in Miniwin I could select an area by dragging the mouse over
it, then drag that area onto something via drag&drop. But TosWin2 doesn't
seem to support this feature, even though the documentation mentioned that
TosWin2 includes drag&drop support. Am I doing something wrong? If not,
and the author is listening here, perhaps this feature could be added to
the next TosWin2 version.

Your assistance in solving any of these problems would be much
appreciated.

--
Mario Becroft                        Auckland, New Zealand
mb@tos.pl.net                 http://www.pl.net/user/mario      |\__/,|   (`\