Re: HSmodem XDD?

> > I am not a Linux/68k user, but I know some ppl using this system. They say
> > Linux serial routines aren't good, the system (on Falcons, that is) has
> > troubles, they say, keeping up stable connections at baud rates higher
> > than 38400. Perhaps NetBSD would be a better example then...
>
> I'm using both MiNT and Linux ith my Falcon. Serial connections under Linux
> are very stable. I'm using the serial port for PPP on the net at 115200 Bps and
> my lan port at 57600 Bps to connect to my PC under ouindoze95 using PPP.
> I've made some ping test (1000 packets sent)  on a falcon with an
> AB040@40Mhz / 48Mb of FastRam / 4Mb of STRam:

Well, yes, perhaps. I wrote "Falcon" though, not "Afterburner". On a
straight Falcon NetBSD serial routines (or NetBSD in general) works
better, than Linux/68k. Just because the straight Falcon, I think, is too
slow for Linux/68k, or, in other words, Linux/68k needs a faster machine
than a Falcon to show its possibilities. Because MiNT is mainly used on
normal STs, Falcons and TTs, I still think that we should get serial
routs from BSD, if possible, rather than from Linux.

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.