Re: gcc-as 2.5.1

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, Yves Pelletier wrote:

> > Strange is that even for -m68030 it produces shorter code than
> > the original gas-1.38 - looks like the new gas optimizes
> > assembler?? I don't get it. Hopefully it seems to work fine,
> > so I don't care.
>
> Yes, I noticed that, too, but gas 2.5.1 chokes badly on the
> assembler files produced by the MiNT makefile *.cpp -> *.s
> process.  Do you know how to solve that problem?

CR/LF -> LF, that's all. The .s files contain bad 0x0d characters.

> > BTW, -m68020-40 produces as short code as -m68040 alone, so it might be a
> > good idea to compile everything with -m68020-40 (it will be optimized for
> > 68040 and it still will work on 68030 - if I understood the option right).
>
> Hmm.  I will keep that in mind for the next MiNTlib compile.

BTW, is there a current source of mint-libs pre-pl48 (or whatever?) I'd
like to remove all _mint variables, all _mint < 1.12 conditions and
also replace all cookie calls with Bios function. I've got the pl47, but
perhaps there were other changes lately?

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm          PARCP development
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                          MiNT/Linux user