Status of PL48 Was: gcc-as 2.5.1

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> BTW, is there a current source of mint-libs pre-pl48 (or whatever?) I'd
> like to remove all _mint variables, all _mint < 1.12 conditions and
> also replace all cookie calls with Bios function. I've got the pl47, but
> perhaps there were other changes lately?

There is a pre-PL48 source tree, which incorporates minor
changes (in size) to a relatively small number of files (less
than 10).  This includes the changes required by the
introduction of the Ssystem() call; one bugfix; and the
addition of a "case-insensitive filename" condition to
sysconf.c/unistd.h.  Oh, and serial speed definitions that
were accidentally left out of PL47.

Let me know if you want me to package a pre-PL48 patch for you,
but IMHO you can base your work on the public PL47, and it
should integrate smoothly into the current pre-PL48.

Thanks for offering to work on this.

Yves