Re: STinG and Mint => Privilege Violation (FWD)

> Nothing to be called "insufficiency". If Peter Rottengarten is so clever
> to point out MiNT innsuffiences, perhaps will be clever enough to fix
> them.

Why? pointing out bugs is a good thing. If you dont know about them (or know
that they affect people) you cannot/wont fix them.

> OK, enough irony. I don't think its worth fixing (agreed, Jo) since MiNT
> has already an excellent and dedicated TCP stack, with all sort of servers
> (I had an occasion, btw. to remotely test Stings FTP server... it's very
> lame). But I may be wrong with that.

I agree that for STiNG it isn't worth fixing, but ignoring all previous
vectors presumably affects more than just sting. I guess this is why
many things (blowup, freedom, ndi, sam) need to be installed after MiNT.
As I said, I dont really know the implications of this, so if its not a
big problem, forget about it...

Anthony
--
Anthony Jacques           IRC: AnthonyJ | The boy stood on the burning deck
jacquesa@zetnet.co.uk                   | Twit.
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/jacquesa/ |                  (Spike Milligan)