Re: STinG and Mint => Privilege Violation (FWD)

> > Nothing to be called "insufficiency". If Peter Rottengarten is so clever
> > to point out MiNT innsuffiences, perhaps will be clever enough to fix
> > them.
>
> Why? pointing out bugs is a good thing. If you dont know about them (or know
> that they affect people) you cannot/wont fix them.

I wanted to say, that Peter in fact didn't say anything, except for
arbitrarily blaming MiNT for hypothetical insufficiences. Whose as well
may be STiNG insufficiencies. If he'd say what problem there's really
there, we'd consider fixing that. As far as I know, MiNT uses XBRA hooking
up to all vectors it uses.

> > OK, enough irony. I don't think its worth fixing (agreed, Jo) since MiNT
> > has already an excellent and dedicated TCP stack, with all sort of servers
> > (I had an occasion, btw. to remotely test Stings FTP server... it's very
> > lame). But I may be wrong with that.
>
> I agree that for STiNG it isn't worth fixing, but ignoring all previous
> vectors presumably affects more than just sting. I guess this is why
> many things (blowup, freedom, ndi, sam) need to be installed after MiNT.
> As I said, I dont really know the implications of this, so if its not a
> big problem, forget about it...

All software you have mentioned works fine when started before MiNT
(except for Freedom II, which never works fine under any system).

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@bl.pg.gda.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Quem Iuppiter vult perdere, dementat prius.
** Kogo Jowisz chce zgubic, temu wpierw rozum odbiera.