Re: gcc 2.7.2.3 question

On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Katherine L Ellis wrote:
>
> > This new version works, but somewhat, a little weird (imo).
> > Example, I compiled a little C program I used to compile no prob
> > before with 2.58. Now the prob is that the libs are called
> > differently.
>
> You can either use your old linker (the 'ld' that came with KGMD), or
> install 2.7.2.3 properly ;-)

It might help to upgrade your ld to PL40;  I know my setup
worked more smoothly with gcc 2.7.x after I did.  I think I got
it from tu-harburg.

> > Also in the 2.7.2.3 there is a file called "specs", it is not straight
> > ascii, what is this for?

Hmm.  Looked pretty ascii-like to me.  Looks like some kind of
script detailing what switches to pass to "ld" and "as" under a
given context.

Yves
__
When the trees are seen to be moving, the enemy is advancing.
                                              Sun Tzu 9:20