Mintlib PL48 beta-2

Hello all,

I have uploaded new diffs relative to MiNTlib PL47.  Those
incorporate a few more general changes, but most especially,
Helmut Karlowski's Pure C diffs.  Helmut's patches involved lots
of small changes in the main body of the lib, not just in the
Pure C directory;  as such, I am interested in reports from both
Pure C and GCC users.

The patched lib compiles cleanly on my GCC setup.  I need
someone else to verify that it also compiles on Pure C.  The
patch can be found at:

ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ypell

For the time being, I don't think I will release a binary based
on those diffs.  I want to give people a chance to look the
diffs over, and report on possible problems, before I spend the
time on a full build.  (Anyone got a cross-compiler on a fast
machine I could telnet to? ;-)

Question to Helmut: in aesbind.h, the evnt_timer prototype
is redefined from

__EXTERN int	evnt_timer __PROTO((unsigned long Interval));

to:

__EXTERN int	evnt_timer __PROTO((int lo, int hi));

I don't quite understand how one can suddenly have two
parametres in evnt_timer when there was previously only one.

Regards

Yves

__
When the trees are seen to be moving, the enemy is advancing.
                                              Sun Tzu 9:20