Re: MiNT crashed

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> syslogd: exiting on signal 15
> pid 47 (SCREEN): assert(`x') failed at line 1186 of pipefs.c
> FATAL ERROR. You must reboot system.

I get the exact same message everytime I try to halt the system using
NCLOSURE. It looks exactly like the above except that the second
line says "pid 137 (NCLOSURE)..." instead of "pid 47 (SCREEN)...". It
has done so ever since I started running N.AES on top of KGMD,
regardless of MiNT-version.

It has never happened in another situation though.

> BTW, the last program displayed in the switching dialog of N.AES was
> Taskbar, so I was switching from or to Taskbar (I don't think Taskbar is
> related to that crash, though).

Neither do I (ofcourse :-), I guess it was just a coincidence. Btw.
aMAIL is (according to it's homepage) in "pre-beta testing", perhaps
that's the source of your problem?

> Do you know which application actually failed? Was it N.AES who were
> switching the apps? And why it killed whole MiNT?

As I understand it it wasn't the application itself that crashed (in
your case SCREEN), but something it did that made MiNT crash. My guess
is that it's N.AES' fault.

/*
**
*/